Merchant Customers Benefit from Steady Stream of New Product Offerings and Enhancements
ATLANTA, April 12, 2011 – In an effort to keep its customers up to date on the company’s ongoing product innovation, First Data Corporation , a global leader in electronic commerce and payment processing, today shared highlights from its Q1 2011 Product Release . Growing payments globally, First Data’s product solution set has been expanded with additions and enhancements to its eCommerce Solutions, Mobile Commerce Solutions and proprietary point-of-sale terminal line.
Several enhancements to First Data’s eCommerce product suite were implemented this quarter:
- Dynamic Currency Conversion (DCC) – the number of supported currencies by the solutions has been expanded from 36 to 72 key currencies covering over 120 countries
- Fraud FlexDetect SM – the next evolution of First Data's eCommerce fraud detection and prevention solution was introduced offering online merchants fully integrated risk detection within the authorization flow
- Payment Software – the latest release of Payment Software (formerly ICVerify) has been certified to meet the current PA-DSS requirements and other compliance initiatives
- Global ePricing (GeP) – an enhanced exchange rate reporting capability for multicurrency transactions was released to provide merchants with greater transparency to easily understand the true cost of transactions
Mobile Commerce Solutions
Announced in March, First Data mVoucher enables merchants to deliver offers to consumers through e-mail or their mobile device. Sometimes referred to as coupons, mVouchers store a prepaid value funded by the merchant or consumer product goods company. Mobile vouchers can be delivered as coupons, loyalty rewards, promotional rewards, contest rewards or general marketing initiatives.
Proprietary Terminal Line
First Data has released five new point-of-sale terminals featuring a new, sleeker design and faster processing speed than previous models:
- First Data FD50 Ti for budget-conscious merchants
- First Data FD100 Ti for petroleum vendors and convenience stores that accept fleet cards
- First Data FD200 Ti for retailers that accept numerous checks, as well as for petroleum vendors and convenience stores that accept fleet cards
- First Data FD300 Ti for locations that house multiple businesses
- First Data FD400 Ti for on-the-go merchants that need wireless capabilities has been enhanced with the GPRS network
“As a global leader in payment processing, we are continually growing our product solution set to meet the needs of our diverse client base and their customers around the world. This quarterly release of our latest innovation in product development illustrates our ongoing commitment to quickly responding to the changing payments landscape,” said Mark Herrington, senior vice president of Global Product Management and Innovation, First Data.
Around the world, every second of every day, First Data makes payment transactions secure, fast and easy for merchants, financial institutions and their customers. First Data leverages its vast product portfolio and expertise to drive customer revenue and profitability. Whether the choice of payment is by debit or credit card, gift card, check or mobile phone, online or at the checkout counter, First Data takes every opportunity to go beyond the transaction.
Elizabeth Grice, First Data