Our commitment to privacy
Protecting consumer privacy is very important to us. Our online Privacy Statement is available to inform you about our use and disclosure of personal information collected through this website on or after the effective date shown above.
We believe that information used responsibly benefits consumers and the economy, whether it is information we house on behalf of consumers conducting transactions or information we collect on behalf of our business clients. For example, we use consumer information every day to ensure fast and accurate processing of thousands of electronic transactions. In addition, we strive to better serve our customers by offering goods and services that we believe fit their needs and interests. When identifying an opportunity, we may use aggregated consumer information in an effort to identify customers who may be interested in that opportunity.
These policies guide us in the collection and use of information as well as setting our employee's responsibilities in protecting your privacy. We use personal information about consumers, customers and users only in a manner consistent with these policies.
A "cookie" is an identifier that we transfer to users’ computer hard drive through users’ web browsers to enable our systems to recognise users’ browsers and interact more efficiently with customers’ and users’ computers.
We do not disclose domain name or aggregate information to third parties other than related bodies corporate and vendors who assist us with this website and who are under strict confidentiality requirements. You can generally configure your browser to accept or reject all cookies or notify you when a cookie is used. We suggest that you refer to your browser instructions or help screens to learn more about these functions, bearing in mind that if you configure your browser so as to not receive any cookies the functionality of this web site will be lost and may affect the functionality of other web sites.
Collection of personal information
- Contact you so that we can provide you with the information you have requested (such as information about merchant acquiring services), assess and process any application you make for services, provide services to you and administer services provided to you;
- Perform our administrative operations, including accounting, risk management, record keeping, archiving, systems development and testing, credit scoring and staff training; and
- Validate the user’s rights to view the information provided. This information is also used by us as an audit of activity against your entity’s information and records.
We also may use and hold personal information, which is provided to us in connection with services that you request, for the purposes (as relevant) of:
- Complying with legislative and regulatory requirements or as otherwise permitted or authorised by law;
- Considering any other application you may make to us;
- Managing our rights and obligations in relation to external payment systems eg credit card schemes and debit payment schemes;
- Conducting market and customers satisfaction research;
- Developing, establishing and administering alliances and other arrangements (including rewards programs) with other organisations in relation to the promotion, administration and use of our respective products and services; and
- Developing and identifying products and services that may interest you.
If you provide information about another person to us, you warrant that you are authorised to do so and that you will inform that person of who we are and that we will use and disclose their information as set out in this Privacy Statement.
If you provide incomplete or inaccurate information to us, we may not be able to provide you with the services you are seeking.
Use and disclosure of personal information
Information collected by us in relation to electronic transactions is used to process those transactions and so will be disclosed to the parties to the transaction, their respective financial institutions and third parties involved in the transaction chain.
Other information is used to provide and administer the provision of services to you, managing our rights and obligations under contracts and at law, systems development and testing, in connection with alliance arrangements and identifying and marketing the products or services provided by us, our related bodies corporate or alliance partners that we think may be of interest to you and telling you about them. If you do not want to receive this information, please let us know.
In common with many other businesses, we use agents and other third parties to conduct certain activities on our behalf and provide certain services to us. For this purpose, we may need to provide these third parties with your personal information. The types of organisations to which we may disclose customer’s, consumer’s or user’s personal information includes:
- Our agents, contractors and external advisers whom we engage from time to time to carry out, or advise on, our functions and activities and you authorise them to seek disclosure of your credit information for this purpose;
- Your agents and contractors, including your referees and your legal or financial advisor, executor, administrator, trustee, guardian or attorney if you authorise them in writing to seek disclosure of this information;
- Your franchisor (if applicable) and any person or organisation that introduces you to us;
- ICICI Bank Limited or any other financial institution with whom you have a merchant current account;
- Regulatory bodies, government agencies, multi-jurisdictional agencies, law enforcement bodies and courts;
- Debt collecting agencies;
- Other organisations with whom we have alliances or arrangements, such as ICICI Bank Limited and its related bodies corporate, (including reward programs) for the purpose of promoting our respective products and services;
- Anyone supplying goods and services to you in connection with a rewards program or other alliance associated with the facility;
- External payment systems operators and participants (eg. credit card payment systems (eg. Visa or MasterCard) or debit payment systems);
- Your and our insurers or prospective insurers and their underwriters;
- Your co-applicants, sureties, guarantors and prospective co-applicants, sureties, guarantors and co-guarantors for the purposes of considering whether to provide a guarantee and indemnity or security;
- Any person considering purchasing a contract entered into by you from us and that person’s advisers, persons involved in assessing the risks and funding of the purchase and, after purchase, the purchaser and any manager on an ongoing basis;
- Any person to the extent necessary, in our view, in order to carry out any instruction you give to us; (Unless you tell us not to) other organisations including our related bodies corporate (and our agents and their agents) for the marketing of their products and services.
Where such disclosure occurs, we will require these third parties to keep your information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we are permitted to use it.
In addition, we may be required or permitted by law to use and disclose your personal information, (such as disclosures to law enforcement bodies and government agencies to prevent fraud or other malicious activities). In addition, ICICI Merchant Services may disclose customer or consumer information to First Data group companies which may be located overseas (in which case your personal information will remain confidential and the purpose for which the information is collected and used will not change). These disclosures may consist of the following:
- Financial background information describing a customer's financial status;
- Identification information, such as name and address data;
- Consumer transaction information, such as the fact of your entry into of Transaction Documents for the provision of merchant acquiring processing services, account activity, debit activity or credit activity; and
- Other information relating to financial matters.
There may also be circumstances in which we consider a customer or user has, by their actions, released us from our duty of confidentiality or has consented to the disclosure of personal information about them without actually stating that this is the case.
Commercial Electronic Messages
By giving us your electronic address/account, you consent to us sending to you commercial electronic messages in order to provide you with information and tell you about products and services, including those of third parties, which we consider may be of interest to you. You warrant that you have authority either as or on behalf of the relevant electronic account holder to provide this consent and that we may continue to send commercial electronic messages to you addresses until you withdraw your consent.
We are committed to protecting the confidentiality of personal consumer information
We limit access to your personal information to those of our employees and employees of our related bodies corporate and our alliance partners who need your personal information to fulfill their business responsibilities. Such employees must adhere to our privacy policies. Employees violating these policies may be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including dismissal. Our service providers and other outside contractors are subject to contractual requirements to ensure that your personal information is safeguarded.
We use appropriate security safeguards
At ICICI Merchant Services, security is a priority. We employ appropriate measures to protect personal information against unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration or destruction. These may include, among others, encryption, physical access security and other appropriate technologies. We continually review and enhance our security systems as necessary. As such, we may ask you to identify and authenticate yourself when accessing this website or when dealing with you through other media. We are not responsible for any information that may be lost if we terminate your browser session during prolonged periods of inactivity whilst accessing this website.
Requests for access
If you require access to your personal information maintained by ICIC Merchant Services, please contact our Customer Contact line. If we cannot give you access to your personal information, we will give you reasons. Cardholders requesting information may also wish to contact their issuer institution with their access request as their card issuer would hold more complete information about them. The card issuer institution may also seek cardholder personal information from us and forward it to the cardholder.
Where information is collected by us directly from consumers or sources other than our business customers, we will permit such sources, if possible, to dispute or correct any erroneous, incomplete or out-of-date personally identifiable information. Of course, this correction is not possible if the information is proprietary to one of our business customers, reflects historical transaction information or if correction would violate the privacy or legal rights of a third party. Where applicable, we abide by laws related to such information.
You can also correct factual errors in your personally identifiable information by sending us a written request that credibly shows error. We reserve the right to independently verify any such claims made. To protect your privacy and security, we will also take reasonable steps to verify your identity before making corrections. In the event that we are unwilling to correct personal information, we will provide you with the reasons for our decision.
We reserve the right to charge for providing you any information in connection with your request (although such a fee will not apply to the lodging of a request for access).
We may use and disclose personal information provided to us about users, customers and cardholders to third parties as described earlier in this Privacy Statement.
Where we collect information through this website, you will be asked whether you consent to the use and disclosure of your personal information as described earlier in this Privacy Statement. To change your selection, update your contact details or retrieve and change your registration information, please contact us using the contact details shown on this website. We hold ourselves accountable to our privacy principles.
We are committed to meeting the highest standards for our privacy program. To that end, we have appointed a senior official, who serves as the company-wide officer with responsibility for the administration and implementation of our privacy program.
The privacy officer, working closely with individual business units, is responsible for:
- Administering employee privacy training and employee compliance related to our privacy policies;
- Conducting periodic assessments of our compliance with our privacy policies, as well as specific implementation policies and procedures; and
- Ensuring that we actively participate in appropriate privacy activities, including self-regulatory initiatives.
The contact details for our privacy officer are:
The Privacy Officer
Level 9, 168 Walker Street
North Sydney NSW 2060
Ph: +61 (0)2 9959 7379
Mob: +61 (0)404 478 399
We may alter this Privacy Statement as needed for certain products and services and to abide by local laws or regulations. We reserve the right to amend or modify this Privacy Statement from time to time. We urge you to review this Privacy Statement whenever you visit in order to obtain the most current statement.