Improve the online shopping experience for foreign customers
With First Data’s Global Choice™, merchant customers have the choice to pay for goods and services purchased online in their home currency. The currency conversion is quick and eliminates the need for customers to mentally calculate the estimated cost of the purchase in their home currency. Now International Visa and MasterCard eCommerce customers can make informed decisions about their online purchases and eradicate any unexpected pricing or foreign exchange conversions on receipt of their monthly statements.
Key benefits at a glance:
- Improved cardholder shopping experience
- Gives flexibility to the cardholder
- Increased customer satisfaction and loyalty
- Eliminates unexpected foreign exchange rate changes
- Extra revenue stream for merchants
- Available through Connect, API and Virtual Terminal
How does it work?
- The merchant prices their goods in one currency as normal, e.g. GBP
- The cardholder enters their card details to pay for the item at this price
- If a foreign card is being used, a rate lookup is carried out, and the cardholder is then presented with the option to proceed in either their home currency or merchant’s currency
- If the cardholder proceeds with payment in their home currency, the merchant will still be funded in their base currency
- Details of transactions are totally transparent to both the cardholder and merchant
- Merchant can still view all transaction data via the online portal