EMV™ for Independent Software Vendors (ISV) and Direct-Connect Merchants
With 44.1% of cards and 72.0% of terminals already supporting the EMV chip standard globally, adoption in the U.S. will probably be faster than in previous geographies2. For merchants with proprietary software or payment application developers who are interested in integrating EMV into their applications, First Data offers the Rapid Connect® solution.
Rapid Connect is a single point of integration with First Data that provides access to all payment types, all industries, all platforms, anywhere – including EMV. The Rapid Connect solution offers a feature–rich online test environment, readily–available support and immediate access to innovative payment technologies
Scenario: You want to get ahead of the EMV liability shift, meet your merchants' increasing requests to accept mobile payment transactions and redeem prepaid offers at the point of payment. At the same time, you would like to increase overall payment security at the POS.
2. "Worldwide EMV Deployment", EMVCo.com
First Data EMV Solutions
By partnering with First Data, you gain the following early–adopter benefits:
- "First-to-market" protection against the potential fraud shift to non–chip cards
- "Top-of-wallet" consumer preference advantages by issuing cards now
- Control your card issuance schedule – and costs
- Simplify the card issuance process down to the few important chip decisions that are critical for your business utilizing our streamlined implementation guide
- Meet the needs of cardholders who travel by providing international card acceptance
- One-stop-shop for chip card personalization and production at our state-of-the-art facility
EMV Debit Rollout
The industry is still determining some of the implications for EMV Debit with regard to Durbin Regulation and the requirement for two unaffiliated debit networks on a card. Please refer to the following industry association sites for the most recent information:
EMV for Issuers Learning Center