Voice of the Customer: We're on Target!
- Type: Newsletters
A big thank you to everyone who participated in our customer survey in late 2012 – we had large number of responses, and have spent the last few months devising ways to use your valuable feedback to improve our business, products and services for many years to come.
Sharing the Results
While our annual survey is designed to identify the areas in which we need to improve, positive results re-enforce our belief in and commitment to delivering levels of customer service above and beyond that of our competitors.
We’re proud to say that according to customers, our continuous improvement programs are yielding measureable results! The main measure of success and indicator of how we’re doing is a metric we call the Customer Experience Index. This is a composite score of three metrics: overall customer satisfaction, likelihood to renew/continue using First Data and likelihood to recommend First Data.
Last year, 50 percent of Australian customers gave us a Customer Experience Index score of 9 or 10 out of 10. This is a whopping 29 percent improvement over 2011 and a reflection of the work we have put into improving the customer experience over the past year.
Some other key findings that show we’re on target include:
- Customers give the highest ratings to First Data’s product and system reliability, with 97 percent scoring us an 8 or more out of 10.
- Most customers are satisfied with First Data and intend to renew (customers gave us a mean score of 8.93 out of 10).
- Seventy-six percent of our customers are happy with their relationship managers (scoring them an 8 or more out of 10).
- Eighty-six percent of customers were satisfied with First Data’s products (scoring us an 8 or more out of 10).
You spoke and we’re listening… and acting!
Yet we know we can, of course, always do better. You told us that First Data needs to continue to focus on delivering innovative products and solutions and sharing our global expertise and lessons learned through effective communications. By working through all the valuable advice and suggestions we received from our clients, we have also developed some initiatives to add to our continuous improvement plan. So, we are excited to provide you with a preview of some upcoming Customer First initiatives we will be working on to improve our business.
These Customer First initiatives comprise a wide spectrum of tactical and strategic enhancements we execute on a continuous basis. Among the many projects, our 2013 agenda includes:
- An aggressive payments solution enhancement and product development pipeline. In 2013, we are upgrading our data centres to Tier III standard, building a new web-services layer to make it easier for clients to do business with us and launching the first wave of new products (e.g. PCI rapid comply, Data Analytics, Online PIN Solution, Loyalty).
- Communications and conversations focused on payments trends and thought leadership through newsletters, presentations and direct client briefings and working sessions. We are looking at global and local trends and the winning strategies we believe will yield success.
- Continuous customer focused process enhancements. We have a team that focuses on how proactive, effective and timely we are in our interactions with our clients. This includes how we respond to service requests and how we run projects for our clients.
If you have other comments about First Data or improvements you would like to see, don’t hesitate to send your ideas and suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org or speak to your relationship manager. We believe there’s always room for improvements and appreciate any suggestions ― because we understand our customers come first.
Once again, thanks to those who participated in the survey and we appreciate your relationship with First Data.