Card Not Present Awards (CNP)
OmniPay, a First Data company, won the Customer Choice Award for Best Alternative Payment Solution for First Data’s Local Payments solution. The CNP Awards are the honor the companies, programs and solutions that have distinguished themselves in the card not present space throughout the year.
CNP Awards - Customer Choice Award for Best Alternative Payment Solution
The honor was presented by Card Not Present®, an independent voice generating original news, information, education, and inspiration for and about companies and people operating in the card not present space. CNP Award winners are named yearly across 12 different categories; for each category a Judges Choice and Customer Choice winner is named.
Paybefore’s 2017 Pay Awards
The annual Pay Awards recognize companies and solutions across 21 categories that exemplify excellence and innovation in the global prepaid and payments technology industry. First Data won two Best-in-Category awards:
- Outstanding Pay Solution - Money Network Service for Walmart
- Outstanding Commerce Innovation - Universal Commerce Solutions from First Data
PYMNTS Innovator Awards 2017
First Data took home two awards at the 2017 PYMNTS Innovator Awards. PYMNTS Innovator Awards go to the best products in their respective categories and pay homage to the best and brightest people and products in the payments industry.
- The Clover Go POS won the gold medal for “Best POS Innovation”
- The Clover App Market won the silver medal for “Best SMB Innovation”
The Card & Payments Awards 2017 - Best Initiative in Mobile Payments Winner
The Card & Payments Awards 2017 named First Data’s Clover Mobile the winner of Best Initiative in Mobile Payments. This award recognizes card brands, issuers, banking acquirers, or other payments companies who have demonstrated an innovative initiative which has at its core the integration of the payment functionality delivered via the mobile channel and that has shown significant added customer value and strong market reception.
Business Intelligence Group’s 2017 BIG Innovation award – Best Mobile Initiative
The annual Business Intelligence Group awards distinguishes organizations that have brought new ideas to life and sought to change the way we experience the world. The Clover App Market received the award for the impact it has on people’s consumer experience.
ESTIA Awards 2017
First Data Greece won Silver at the ESTIA Awards 2017 for the implementation of the Starbucks Reward Program. Organized by Boussias Communications, under the auspices of the Ministry of Economy, Development and Tourism, the ESTIA Awards recognize businesses, operating within the catering sector, who deliver excellence in service, culinary skills, and innovation.
Best in Biz Gold Award – Small or Medium Business Product of the Year
First Data’s Clover Flex was named a Gold winner in the “Small or Medium Business Product of the Year” category in the 2017 Best in Biz Awards. The Best in Biz Awards honor companies, teams, executives, and products from the U.S. and Canada for their business success in the current and previous year.
StreetFight Local Visionary Awards -- Best New Solution for Managing Local Data
First Data’s Clover Insights was awarded “Best New Solution for Managing Local Data” at the StreetFight Local Visionary Awards.
Best Merchant CRM Programme Award
First Data won the “Best Merchant CRM Programme Award” at the 2016 Cards & Electronic Payment International (CEPI) Asia Awards based on the Digital Customer Relationship Management (CRM) solution it designed on behalf of ICICI Merchant Services.
Best in Biz Gold Award
Clover was awarded Gold by Best in Biz International for “Small or Medium Business Product of the Year.” More than 270 public and private companies competed in the fourth annual international program, and the entries are judged by members of the press and industry analysts.
Merchant Payments Ecosystem Processing Award
First Data OmniPay won the 2016 Processing Award, which went to the payment solution provider offering the best shopping experience for consumers via using smartphones, tablets or PDAs as a POS.
Business IT Excellence Awards (BITE)
First Data received a Silver Award for the category of Server / Desktop / Storage Virtualization regarding the project of Desktop Virtualization. This award is in recognition of innovation, technological leadership and excellent infrastructure.
Edison Awards – Financial Solutions Gold Award
Clover Mobile took home Gold in the Financial Solutions category at the Edison Awards. The Edison Awards honor excellence in new product and service development, marketing, human-centered design, and innovation, and is one of the highest accolades a business can receive for innovation and business success.
Emerging Payments – Innovation of the Year & Best Payments Technological Innovation
First Data’s Clover products were honored in two categories at the 2015 Emerging Payments Awards in London. Innovation of the Year went to Clover Station and Best Payments Technological Innovation was awarded to Clover Mobile: The Future-Proof mPOS.
Business IT Excellence Awards (BITE)
First Data Hellas walked away with two Gold and one Silver award at the BITE Awards. One Gold award was for pioneering First Data Hellas e-Coupon solution, which enables consumers to access coupons via their smartphone, removing the need to carry paper versions, while the second Gold award was for enhancements First Data Hellas made to its business continuity program. First Data Hellas received a Silver award for the Pogo>™ device, a secure mobile application and card reader that enables card payment acceptance via mobile phones and tablets.
Cards and Payments Awards
AIB Merchant Services, the merchant acquiring joint venture between Allied Irish Banks p.l.c. and First Data, won Best Merchant Acquiring Customer Initiative at the 2015 Card and Payments awards in London. The award recognizes the merchant acquirer that has worked most effectively with a merchant customer or merchant customer segment to deliver a significant positive business impact.
European Merchant Payment Ecosystem
AIB Merchant Services, the merchant acquiring joint venture between Allied Irish Banks p.l.c. and First Data, won the prestigious Best Acquirer Award in the European merchant acquiring market, for the bank’s rollout of the Clover solution in Ireland.
FSTech Systems Integration Project of the Year
This award recognized First Data’s Credit Card Simplification for Lloyds Banking Group as the most effective project to integrate disparate systems by a financial services provider. The project demonstrated how the strategic use of technology has brought the company cost benefits, improved internal processes, enhanced customer service and helped further that organization’s opportunities for future business success.
Paybefore Awards 2015
For the fourth year in a row, the First Data/Walmart Closed Loop Gift Card program took home the Best in Category Award for Best Choice Retail Card at the Ninth Annual Paybefore Awards. Paybefore selects the Best Choice Retail Card winner based on the retail card or family of cards that is the best choice for consumers/clients while making significant contributions to increasing sales and/or loyalty, or expanding prepaid to new customer segments.
Paybefore Awards (UK)
Paybefore (UK) recognized ASDA for its Christmas Savings Card and Decathlon for its Sport Card as the winners in the Best Choice Retail Card category. The award is given to the card that’s a best choice for consumers or clients while making significant contributions to increasing sales and/or loyalty or expanding the use of prepaid to new customer segments.
PYMNTS.com Innovator Award
First Data’s Clover Mobile won “Best POS Innovation” at the PYMNTS.com Innovator Awards. PYMNTS Innovator Awards go to the best products in their respective categories and pay homage to the best and brightest people and products in the payments industry.
Visa Service Quality Performance Awards
For the fifth consecutive year, Visa has awarded First Data two Service Quality Performance awards in the Assured Transaction Rate and Transaction Response Time categories.
Assured Transaction Rate recognizes the processor that responds to authorization requests in a timely manner, preventing transaction diversion to Visa stand-in processing (a transaction authorized on behalf of an issuer, but not actually authorized by the issuer itself).
Transaction Response Time credits the processor that responds to authorization requests quickly, which contributes to cardholder and merchant satisfaction, and supporting brand preference for Visa.
Paybefore Awards 2014 – USA
First Data and Walmart took home three Best-in-Category awards at the 2014 Paybefore Awards held during the All Payments Expo (APEX) in Las Vegas.
- First Data and Walmart Closed Loop Gift Card Program won Bestin-Category, making this program a two-time winner of the best of retail card programs and three-time winner in the category.
- Walmart Rapid Reload was selected as a firsttime Best-in-Category winner recognizing Walmart and Money Network, a First Data company.
- InstaMed Member Payments was winner in the ‘Boundary Buster’ category. First Data is the program manager for the virtual prepaid cards provided by the Member Payments solution.
Paybefore Awards Europe 2014
First Data’s ASDA Closed Loop Gift Card won Best-in-Category (Best Choice Retail Card category) at the 2014 Paybefore Awards Europe. Criteria for the award included being the retail card (closed loop or RAN) that is a best choice for consumers/clients, while making significant contributions to increasing sales.
2014 PX Prepaid & Payments Awards
First Data and Tim Hortons took home two Best-in-Category awards at the 2014 PX Prepaid & Payments Awards.
- Winner: Best Mobile Payments Application (Wallet, App, Feature or Service)
- Winner: Best ConsumerFunder Prepaid or Payments Program – TimmyMe™ Mobile App
Card Not Present Awards (CNP)
OmniPay, a First Data company and global payments processor, won the Best Processor – Judges Choice Award at the 2014 Card Not Present (CNP) Expo.
The Best Processor – Judges Award recognizes the company which most effectively responded to the special requirements of merchants operating in the CNP space. OmniPay won the award based on the OmniPay MultiCurrency Processing Platform.
Visa Global Service Quality Awards
For the fourth consecutive year First Data was honored as a Visa 2013 Service Quality Performance Award winner in two categories. First Data was recognized in the multinational high volume issuer-processors category for:
Awards for issuing platform:
Issuer Processor – Lowest Assured Transaction Rate: Issuer best able to ensure system availability to respond to authorization requests in a timely manner without diverting transactions.
Issuer Processor – Lowest Transaction Response Time: The issuer best able to respond to an authorization request in the least amount of time.
TMT Deal of the Year – Gyft
With 20,002 deals analyzed across a number of sectors and regions, First Data’s acquisition of Gyft was selected by an internal judging panel as
TMT Deal of the Year for the Americas. The honor was published in
Dealfeed International and
Acquisition International magazines.
ACI Excellence Awards
ACI presented First Data with a Merit Recognition for its innovative suite of product and services that solve real-world customer and business issues.
Clover™ station received a Silver award for Best POS Innovation during the recent 2014 Innovation Project, recognizing companies and individual leaders, pioneers, and innovators for excellence in the payments industry.
Noble Systems Corporation, a global leader in the customer communications industry, presented its “Innovations Award” to First Data and TeleCheck®.
Merchant Payment Ecosystem – AIBMS Acquirer Award
AIB Merchant Services (AIBMS), First Data’s acquiring joint venture with Allied Irish Banks, won the Acquirer award at Merchant Payment Ecosystem (MPE) event held in Berlin, Germany. The award was presented in recognition of AIBMS’s premium corporate services, a service developed in response to client feedback, specifically to support day-to-day commercial and service enquiries from corporate clients.
MasterCard's Best Mobile Point of Sales
MasterCard named First Data's Pogo>® as “Best Mobile Point-of-Sale (MPOS) Solution 2013” in Hong Kong. The award is presented to the solution provider with the region's most compelling MPOS offering while conforming.
mPOS Innovation in Consumer Services
ICICI Merchant Services, an alliance between First Data and ICICI Bank in India, and Mahindra Comviva, a mobile financial solutions provider in India, were recognized for Innovation in Consumer Services for Mobile POS (MPOS) during the Global Telecom Business Innovation Summit 2014 in London.
Gold Status for TeleCash Crosspay
German retail publication
HandelsJournal awarded a Gold status in the “Multi Channel” category to TeleCash’s CrossPay solution.
First Data India awarded at Financial Inclusion & Payments System (FIPS) summit
First Data India received the award for its CUG Prepaid Project for the National Horticultural Mission in the second Financial Inclusion & Payments Systems (FIPS) summit in Delhi, India. “The Subsidy Transfer for Raipur” was the winner in the “Direct Benefit Transfer Initiative” category. First Data’s solution enables the subsidy amount allocated by the government to be directly transferred to beneficiaries’ cards. The beneficiaries, who are typically rural farmers, are able to use the card at select vendor stores to buy fertilizer and seeds.
Timetric Asia Trailblazer Awards
First Data received two Asia Trailblazer awards for innovation in payment technology from Timetric Cards International.
- CRM (Customer Relationship Management) Program of the Year, which acknowledges organizations that use new, innovative methods and channels to improve customer retention and revenue. First Data was awarded for implementing a customer relationship management program that has led to improved tracking and management of ICICI Merchant Services’ merchants and merchant functions.
- Highly Commended Award for Best Prepaid Product of the Year APAC. This prepaid program with ICICI Bank supports the end-to-end lifecycle of prepaid, covering card issuing, setting up an acceptance network, and managing settlement and clearing across all parties.
2013 Innovator Award
First Data and CardSpring’s OfferWise platform was recognized with the Best Technology Award at the Innovation Project 2014 event.
Prepaid Awards UK & Global
The Prepaid Awards recognized First Data with the Best Global Prepaid Gift Program, based on the work with Walmart and their flagship closed-loop gift card program. The awards recognized First Data as a finalist in three additional categories:
- Best Digital Gifting Programme for First Data’s work with sports retailer Decathlon on the SPOREKA gift card program, a closed-loop gift solution for sports/fitness enthusiasts.
- Best Prepaid Gift Programme (UK) for First Data’s work with ASDA, a UK supermarket chain owned by Walmart, and their closed-loop gift card program.
- Best Use of Prepaid in Incentive Marketing (UK) for the ASDA Pocket Money Card, a fun savings program designed to reward children for good savings habits.
2013 Merchant Payments Ecosystem “Information” Award
OmniPay won the 2013 Information award from the Merchant Payments Ecosystem for launching the most innovative new information exchange system in the payments industry. OmniPay won the award based on its new Payments Aggregation Acquiring Service (PAAS).
2013 Paybefore Awards – USA
First Data, its customers and collaborators won seven Paybefore Awards, taking home Best-in-Category honors in two categories:
- Most Effective Closed-Loop or RAN Prepaid Card Program, Walmart Closed Loop Gift Card Program
- Best Corporate Payroll Card, Walmart Money Network® Payroll Distribution Service (Best in Category)
- Most Innovative Program Prepaid Program, Bratislava City Card
- Best Third-Party Payroll Program, Money Network® Payroll Distribution Service
- Most Effective Marketing Campaign, Money Network Tax Campaign
- Best Consumer Value, BlackboardPay™ (Best in Category)
2013 Paybefore Awards – Europe
First Data was selected as a recipient of three awards for 2013:
- Best Gift Card or Voucher Program, ASDA Closed Loop Gift Card Program
- Best Prepaid Incentive, Reward, Rebate or Loyalty Card Program, ASDA Pocket Money Card
- Most Innovative Prepaid Program, Bratislava City Card
Best Merchant Acquiring Initiative Award
Lloyd’s TSB Cardnet, a joint venture between First Data and Lloyds Banking Group, received the Best Merchant Acquiring Initiative Award for delivering the largest card acceptance program during the 2012 London Games.
Visa Global Service Quality Awards
Visa awarded First Data two Global Service Quality Awards for issuing platform:
- Issuer Processor – Lowest Assured Transaction Rate: Best able to ensure system availability to respond to authorization requests without diverting transactions.
- Issuer Processor – Lowest Transaction Response Time: The issuer best able to respond to an authorization request in the least amount of time.
OmniPay won the 2013 Merchant Payments Ecosystem’s 'Information' award for the development and launch of the most innovative new information exchange system in the payments industry.
Top Retail Product
HandelsJournal voted TeleCash's FD100 GT mIQ the 2013 best and most innovative product in the supplier and capital goods industry.
Card Not Present Awards (CNP)
First Data and OmniPay awarded two CNP awards, taking home “Judges Choice” in one category:
- Best Billing/Subscription Software Company, First Data (Judges Choice)
- Best Processor, OmniPay (Customer Choice)
2013 PYMNTS Innovator Awards
Bottom of FormFirst Data OfferWise solution received a silver award for Best New Technology at the 2013 PYMNTS Innovator Awards ceremony.
First Data was awarded the runner-up title by
Payments eXchange (PX) for Best Prepaid Marketing Campaign at the 2013 PX Prepaid and Payments Awards in Toronto, Canada.
Real IT Awards
First Data and CBG team received an award in the Partnership category for their successful collaboration in managing the implementation of FirstVision releases.
Prepaid Awards 2012
First Data awarded “Best Corporate/Government Prepaid Card Programme” for working with Bratislava town hall and other stakeholders to create and implement the Bratislava City Card.
Cards & Payments Trailblazer Awards
First Data named Card Processor of the Year at 2012 Cards & Payments Trailblazer Awards for Google Wallet, GoTag and TransArmor® solution.
Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG)
First Data awarded the “FMCG Market Pearl 2012” award in the technical category byWiadomosci Handlowe, a Polish retail news magazine, for the rollout of First Data’s contactless terminals in Poland.
Contact Centre World Awards 2012
The Global Association for Contact Center Best Practices awarded First Data Greece a series of medals:
- Customer Service (gold)
- Help Desk (silver)
- Technology Innovation (silver)
- Operational Management (bronze)
Card Not Present Awards (CNP)
First Data, OmniPay, its customers and collaborators were awarded multiple CNP awards, taking home “Judges Choice” in two categories:
- Best Processor, Compass Platform (judges choice)
- Best Mobile Solution, Google Wallet (judges choice)
- Best Chargeback Management Solution, OmniPay (first runner up and customer choice)
- Best CNP Program Outside the U.S., OmniPay (first runner up)
Prepaid Awards Canada
Prepaid Awards Canada awarded First Data “Best Prepaid Consumer Program” for Tim Hortons Canada.
First Data, its customers and collaborators won four Paybefore Awards, taking home “best in category” honors in three categories:
- Best Employee Benefit/Transit Prepaid Program, Money Network MasterCard PayCard program (best in category)
- Best Virtual, Digital or Mobile Prepaid Application, Google Wallet (best in category)
- Most Innovative Prepaid Program, Google Wallet (best in category)
- Best Prepaid Card or Packaging Design, VUDU Digital Movie Card: A New Way to Buy and Watch Movies
Merchant Payment Ecosystem Awards
- AIB Merchant Services, a merchant acquiring joint venture between First Data and AIB Group, was awarded the Information Award for Authinsight, its electronic data analysis and reporting solution.
- OmniPay was honored with the award for Best Processor in recognition of its pioneering processing solutions.
- First Data was named winner of the Usage Award for the rollout of contactless terminals in Poland.