First Data Set to Partner with Chip Ganassi Racing and Driver Kyle Larson at Talladega and Martinsville
First Data Furthers Relationship with Chip Ganassi Racing and NASCAR
CONCORD, N.C. (AUG. 21, 2017) – Chip Ganassi Racing (CGR) announced today that First Data (NYSE: FDC), a global leader in commerce-enabling technology, will partner with Kyle Larson and the No. 42 Chevrolet SS team for two upcoming Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series (MENCS) races at Talladega Superspeedway and Martinsville Speedway. This expands on a relationship that began last season when First Data joined Jamie McMurray and the No. 1 Chevrolet SS as a partner for the Fall Martinsville race. Additionally, First Data returns this year on McMurray’s car at Martinsville as an associate sponsor. First Data also recently announced a three-year agreement with Martinsville to be the entitlement sponsor for the track’s fall MENCS race, starting with the First Data 500 on October 29.
NOTES OF INTEREST:
- Family Affair: While First Data will be featured on the hood of Larson’s No. 42 Chevy, its Clover point-of-sale platform and CardConnect, an advanced payment solutions system, will also be seen on the car. Each First Data brand provides tools for businesses small and large to enable commerce safely, securely and quickly.
- Chiming In: First Data’s name will be a common sight as the MENCS Playoffs head to Martinsville. In addition to riding around the track with Larson and sponsoring the First Data 500, fans will also get to buy concessions using First Data’s Clover point-of-sale systems, which will be deployed at the track. Additionally, Clover will be used at Phoenix Raceway and Homestead-Miami Speedway.
- Playoff Push: Larson is firmly locked into the MENCS Playoffs, and will be looking for victory lane in the No. 42 First Data Chevy at two vastly different tracks in the second and third rounds of the Playoffs. Larson currently boasts three wins with a total of ten top-two finishes; four better than the next driver, and is poised for a strong run in the Playoffs.
- Opposites Attract: NASCAR fans will see the No. 42 First Data Chevy race at two very unique tracks. While Talladega Superspeedway is known for high speeds and full-throttle racing, Martinsville Speedway is better known for its sharp turns and hard braking. Although the speeds at Talladega and Martinsville might differ drastically, both tracks feature the close-quarter conditions that highlight these unique forms of NASCAR.
- Chip Ganassi, Owner, Chip Ganassi Racing: “I am very excited to welcome First Data to an expanded role with our team. We began a relationship with First Data last season, and it’s a great to see the increased value they find in both the team and NASCAR. We look forward to providing First Data with a world class experience both on and off the track.”
- Frank Bisignano, Chairman and CEO, First Data: “We are excited to partner with Chip Ganassi Racing and Kyle Larson to bring the No. 42 First Data Chevrolet SS to two historic race tracks. First Data sits at the nexus of global commerce, powering payments for millions of businesses around the world, and NASCAR presents a tremendous opportunity for First Data to connect with legions of racing fans. We’re looking forward to cheering on Kyle in his pursuit of a championship.”
- Kyle Larson, Driver No. 42 First Data Chevrolet SS: “It’s great to see another new brand join our team. We’ve had such an exciting season so far, and we’re really glad to see First Data grow their relationship with the team and be a part of what’s happening at Chip Ganassi Racing. It’s also cool to see them get involved with NASCAR by sponsoring the Martinsville race. The grandfather clock there is definitely one of the most unique trophies on the circuit, and I’d love to park the First Data Chevy in victory lane and take home a clock.”
About First Data:
First Data (NYSE: FDC) is a global leader in commerce-enabling technology, serving approximately six million business locations and 4,000 financial institutions in more than 100 countries around the world. The company’s 24,000 owner-associates are dedicated to helping companies, from start-ups to the world’s largest corporations, conduct commerce every day by securing and processing more than 2,800 transactions per second and $2.2 trillion per year.
To learn more, please visit www.firstdata.com.
About Chip Ganassi Racing:
Chip Ganassi has been a fixture in the auto racing industry for over 30 years and is considered one of the most successful as well as innovative owners the sport has anywhere in the world. Today his teams include four cars in the Verizon IndyCar Series, two cars in the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series, two cars in the NASCAR XFINITY Series, two factory Ford GT’s in the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship, and two factory Ford GT’s in the FIA World Endurance Championship. Overall his teams have 18 championships and more than 190 victories, including four Indianapolis 500s, a Daytona 500, a Brickyard 400, seven Rolex 24 At Daytonas, the 12 Hours of Sebring and the 24 Hours of Le Mans. Ganassi boasts state-of-the-art race shop facilities in Indianapolis and Concord, N.C., with a corporate office in Pittsburgh, Pa.
For more information log onto www.chipganassiracing.com