Online Privacy Statement
Money Network Privacy Statement
Effective as of September 25 , 2018.
This “Privacy Statement” describes the privacy practices of Money Network Financial, LLC, a subsidiary of First Data Corporation (collectively, “Money Network”, “we”, “us”, or “our”), and the rights and choices available to individuals with respect to their information in connection with the Money Network websites and mobile application. For convenience, our websites and mobile application covered by this Privacy Statement are collectively referred to as the “Site.” Money Network may provide additional or supplemental privacy notices to individuals at the time we collect their data, which will govern how we may process the information provided at that time.
This Privacy Statement does not apply to your relationship with the bank that issued your Money Network Card or the financial transactions you may make using your Money Network card, such as by purchasing goods or services using your card or making a withdrawal from an ATM. The banks that issue the Money Network Card have separate privacy policies, which you can view here. This Privacy Statement also does not apply to aspects of the Money Network service designated for Administrators, such as CMS or the ACH Origination Portal.
Personal Information We Collect
Information you give us
Personal information that you may provide through the Site or otherwise communicate with us, including via our pages on social networks, includes:
- Contact information, such as your full name, mailing address, phone number, and email address
- Profile information, such as the user ID, password, and Personal Identification Number that you establish on the Site, information about your interests and preferences, and your referral code
- Identity verification information, such as your Social Security Number, date of birth, and answers to your account security questions
- Financial information, such as your 16 or 19-digit card number and expiration date, your checking account number, and images of checks you deposit via the Site
- Transaction information, such as details about purchases, money transfers, or other financial transactions you make using your Money Network Card or Account, and information you provide when you enter into one of our contests or other promotions
- Feedback and correspondence, such as information you provide when you receive customer support or otherwise correspond with us online
- Usage information, such as information about how you use the Site and interact with us, including information associated with any content you may upload to the Site or otherwise submit to us, and information you provide when you use any interactive features of the Site
- Precise geolocation information, if you authorize our mobile application to access your location
- Communications preferences, such your preferences for receiving account alerts, marketing communications, surveys, and other communications from us
In addition, you may provide to us information about third parties, such recipients of funds transfers or payments. This information may include the recipient’s email address, bank account information, and mailing address, depending on the method of funds transfer or payment.
Information we obtain from individuals’ employers
When the Money Network Card is provided to an individual by an employer as part of a payroll or similar program, we collect information from the employer to help individuals enroll in the program and activate their online account. The types of information we receive from employers include the individual’s contact information, employee ID number, Social Security Number, and date of birth.
Information we obtain from the banks that issue Money Network Cards
We receive information from the banks that issue the Money Network Cards, such as the transactions you make using the physical Money Network card or the 16- or 19-digit card number.
Information we obtain from social media networks
Information automatically collected
When you access our Site, we, our service providers, and our business partners may automatically collect a variety of information about your computer or mobile device and activity on our Site via cookies, pixel tags, third-party software developer kits integrated into our mobile application, and other technologies. A “cookie” is a text file that websites send to a visitor‘s computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser. A “web beacon,” also known as an Internet tag, pixel tag or clear GIF, is used to transmit information back to a web server. Pixel tags (which are also known as web beacons and clear GIFs) are embedded invisibly on webpages or within HTML formatted emails and are used to demonstrate that certain content was viewed. We and our service providers and business partners may collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites when you use our websites and mobile applications.
The information that may be collected automatically includes:
- Information about your computer or mobile device, such as computer or device type, manufacturer, and model, information about the operating system and software and applications installed on your computer or mobile device, browser type and language, information about your network connectivity and nearby networks, unique device identifiers (such as the Google Advertising ID or Apple ID for Advertising), screen resolution, IP address, the website you visited before browsing to our Site, and information about the battery level of your mobile device;
- Information about your use of and actions on our Site, such as pages you viewed on the Site along with referring and exit URLs, how long you spent on a page, navigation paths between pages, information about your activity on a page, access times, and length of access.
How We Use Your Personal Information
We use personal information to:
- Operate, maintain, administer, and improve the Site
- Manage and communicate with you regarding your account with us, if you have one, including by sending you account alerts that you requested, service announcements, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages
- Send you marketing communications, surveys, and other communications about First Data and its services that we believe you would find interesting
- Process and manage transactions you make through the Site, including funds transfers and mobile check deposits
- Display information about transactions you make using your physical Money Network Card or Card number
- Identify nearby ATMs
- Administer contests and other promotions
- Manage individual referrals
- Better understand your needs and interests, and personalize your experience with the Site
- Provide support and maintenance for the Site
- Respond to your service-related requests, questions and feedback
- Enable and operate security features of the Site
- Provide analytics and other value-added services
- De-identify personal information by excluding information that makes the data personally identifiable
- Comply with applicable laws and card association rules
- Respond to lawful requests and legal process, such as subpoenas or requests from government authorities
- Enforce the terms and conditions that govern the Site or the Money Network Card
- Protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of you or others
- Identify, and protect, investigate and deter against, fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical or illegal activity
How We Share your Personal Information
We may share your personal information with:
- Our parent company First Data Corporation, and to other companies within the First Data group of companies, including its and our subsidiaries and corporate affiliates, for purposes consistent with this Privacy Statement.
- The bank that issued your Money Network Card.
- The recipient of a funds transfer you initiate. This information is limited to your name, the amount of the transfer, and the date and time of the transfer.
- Service providers that enable functionality of the Site and administer and provide services on our behalf (such as customer support, fraud detection and prevention, hosting, email delivery, marketing, and database management services). These third parties may use your information only as permitted by Money Network and in a manner consistent with this Privacy Statement.
- Professional advisors, such as lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers, where necessary in the course of the professional services that they render to us.
- Other third parties, as disclosed to you at the time you provide your information or with your consent.
Money Network also may disclose information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as required by law, and disclose and use such information as we believe necessary or appropriate to (a) comply with applicable laws and lawful requests and legal process, such as to respond to subpoenas or requests from government authorities; (b) enforce the terms and conditions that govern the Site or the Money Network Card; (d) protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of you or others; and (e) protect, investigate and deter against fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical or illegal activity.
In addition, Money Network may sell, transfer or otherwise share some or all of its business or assets, including your personal information, in connection with a business transaction (or potential business transaction) such as a merger, consolidation, acquisition, reorganization or sale of assets or in the event of bankruptcy, in which case we will make reasonable efforts to require the recipient to honor this Privacy Statement.
Optional Third-Party Features, Functionality, and Offers
Update or Correct Your Information
You may update or correct the personal information in your Money Network Account by visiting your Account settings.
You may opt out of marketing-related emails by clicking on a link at the bottom of each such email or, if applicable, logging in and changing your account settings. You may continue to receive service-related and other non-marketing emails.
You can typically remove or reject cookies via your browser settings. In order to do this, follow the instructions provided by your browser (usually located within the “settings,” “help” “tools” or “edit” menus). Many browsers are set to accept cookies until you change your settings.
For further information about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set on your computer or mobile device and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
If you do not accept our cookies, you may experience some inconvenience in your use of our Site. For example, we may not be able to recognize your computer or mobile device and you may need to log in every time you visit our Site.
Online Behavioral Advertising
Some of the business partners that collect information about users’ activities on the Site may be members of organizations or programs that provide choices to individuals regarding the use of their browsing behavior for purposes of targeted advertising. Users may opt out of receiving targeted advertising on websites through members of the Network Advertising Initiative by clicking here or the Digital Advertising Alliance by clicking here. Users of mobile applications may opt out of receiving targeted advertising in mobile applications through participating members of the Digital Advertising Alliance by installing the AppChoices mobile application, available here, and selecting the user’s choices. In addition, your mobile device settings may provide functionality to limit our, or our partners’, ability to engage in ad tracking or targeted advertising using the Google Advertising ID or Apple ID for Advertising associated with your mobile device.
Please note that we also may work with companies that offer their own opt-out mechanisms and may not participate in the opt-out mechanisms that we linked above.
If you choose to opt-out of targeted advertisements, you will still see advertisements online but they may not be relevant to you. Even if you do choose to opt out, not all companies that serve online behavioral advertising are included in this list, and so you may still receive some cookies and tailored advertisements from companies that are not listed.
Do Not Track Signals
Some Internet browsers may be configured to send "Do Not Track" signals to the online services that you visit. We do not currently respond to do not track signals. To find out more about "Do Not Track," please visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
Money Network employs appropriate measures, including advanced technology, to protect personal information collected online against unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. These measures may include, among others, encryption, physical access security, and other appropriate technologies. Money Network reviews and enhances its security systems as necessary. However, no security safeguards are 100% secure and we cannot guarantee the security of your information.
Money Network is headquartered in the United States and has service providers in other countries, and your personal information may be transferred to the United States or other locations outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your jurisdiction.
Other Sites and Services
The Site may contain links to other websites and services. These links are not an endorsement, authorization or representation that we are affiliated with that third party. We do not exercise control over third party websites or services, and are not responsible for their actions. Other websites and services may follow different rules regarding the use or disclosure of the personal information you submit to them. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of the other websites you visit and services you use.
Changes to this Privacy Statement
We reserve the right to modify this Privacy Statement at any time. We encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest information on our privacy practices. If we make material changes to this Privacy Statement, we will notify you by updating the date of this Privacy Statement and posting it on the Site and in the app stores where our mobile applications are available for download. We may also provide notification of changes in another way that we believe is reasonably likely to reach you, such as via email (if you have an Account where we have your contact information) or another manner through the Site.
Any modifications to this Privacy Statement will be effective upon our posting of the new terms and/or upon implementation of the new changes on the Site (or as otherwise indicated at the time of posting). In all cases, your continued use of the Site after the posting of any modified Privacy Statement indicates your acceptance of the terms of the modified Privacy Statement.
If you have any questions about our Privacy Statement or privacy practices, please contact the First Data Privacy Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 888.337.0434